Tuesday 12 June 2007

One pound of fat


Hello, do you know me?



If you don't, you should.



I'm a pound of fat, And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.



Want to know why?



It's because no one ever wants to lose me;



I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!



Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.



So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.



Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.



That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.



Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.



So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound." (As if that were such a terrible thing.)



For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.



And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.



Happy Days!!!



After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

That is soooo true.

I have only just begun to realise this myself, always wanting a big loss but realising that all the small loses do add up.

Anne said...

Love it!! Very true. I did a post ages ago about looking at a kilo of meat and seeing how much it really was. Also remember a WW meeting years ago where the leader walked in and promptly dumped down in front of us piles of fat cut of meat, sounds yuck but this weighed what she had lost!! It all adds up.

Rachel said...

How true this is, we both seem to only lose little amounts and beat ourselves up about it but reading this makes total sense.

We may only be losing little by little but look at the total amount we have lost....impressive!

Christine said...

Great blog - when my loss is just 1 pound, I WILL BE VERY HAPPY AND GRATEFUL! Thanks for sharing that.

celtic_girl said...

Yes, this is so true. If we keep chipping away, soon the tree will fall.

TitanThirteen said...

Very good! I'm going to steal that, thanks lol

Lee-Anne said...

I love this so much. I don't think it could be put any better.