Thursday 7 July 2005

First Day of a new life

Well what a day I have had. I have one day a week that I have off (apart from the weekend)and it consists mainly of taking my mum around as she lives with us and she doesn't usually get out during the week as she doesn't drive. Now I am not saying I mind but sometimes it would be nice to have a day that I don't have to do for other people... either my kids or husband or my mother a day to myself. Today was that day. Mum didn't feel like going out she wanted to do some vacuuming and then catch up on some sleep so I made arrangements to go with Tania to join the gym to take up the 1 free week. Tania couldn't stay to do a workout as she had her son home sick but it was great that she was there to show me around.

The people were fantastic!!! I mean they are friendly. So I went back to Tania's place for a coffee and it was so good to relax and just talk about a lot of things.

I went to meet Kris at the same gym at 10.30 because I really wanted a work out and it was great to go with someone and we laughed so much I was scared my muscles were going to explode it was fantastic. I didn't realise until today that the workouts I have been doing at the gym were benefiting me. I did Kris's work out and it was a good work out but I didn't feel like it pushed me only because I have been building up my fitness since first going to the gym from January till June. I thought that the time I was there that I didn't really achieve anythign but I did achieve something and I found that out today. The crunches are the things that used to get me when I first started in January but doing 3 sets of 15 crunches today was really good and I didn't feel the hurt like I used to.

I can't wait to go with Kris again she is a fantastic gym buddy.

So after that I came home to see if Mum wanted to go out but she didn't so I read my emails and I read one email that said in it... don't leave for tomorrow what you could do today and phone friends that you haven't phoned in a while and so I did and spent an hour on the phone with a friend I haven't talked to since April because our lives have become so busy... it was fantastic to catch up with her.

Then had to go and pick up my oldest son from school and the mums were really chatty today and it was great to catch up with them too. I got changed before going out of my gym clothes into a pink top and I felt sooooo girly. I don't normally wear pink clothes but today felt feminine and girly. How fantastic is that. Took my son to the library and he sat there reading books while I was reading it was really nice and he was such a good boy.

Food wise it has been good and I felt so energetic today. Well that is a good start to my week.

Roll on loss!!

Hope everyone is having a good one!
Chubbymum

No comments: