Tuesday 16 January 2007

Promised myself and UPDATE

Jan 16, 2007 at 11:38 AM

I promised myself that when I started this blog I am going to put happy things and things that are going in my head making me mad or sad or angry because I am not going to hold back anymore.... as I want to learn from my grumpyness, bitcheness, happiness etc and I love the feedback to help me grow (or shrink he he).

I get so frustrated when people I know lose more!! Not that I am not happy for them... I NEED TO STATE THAT because I love them dearly and wish them well in their journey and I am talking about Debbie in this situation. It is just that I try so hard to keep with things and do my exercise and change habits and when I only lose little amounts I start to wonder if I am doing the wrong thing somewhere? I just don't get how I am being consistant and all in moderation and things don't go as planned... and I am soooo not saying that it is someone elses fault because it is mine if I am not losing the weight and no one can take that he he he... just frustrating you know.
Maybe I am counting my exercise points wrong? or something.

I might not be varied enough in my food and not using all the food groups but then when I was being strict with myself then I wasn't losing any and I was plateauing so I am not getting myself so confused and upset about it.

I think I will lose weight tonight and I am expecting about 500 grams but secretly (and don't tell me any of you don't think the same way) but I want a kilo or 2... 2 would be fantastic. But never do I lose that much.

I didn't do the superstart menu this week but have said to hubby that I might try it the week after next week and see how I go (as that is our shopping day) because I want to boost things as I want to get to 119 by end of February so that is 600 grams a week!!! I have to do this
I want to get to 100 kilos by the end of the year I am sick of fucking around...

I sort of did a calculation on where I would be if I lost 600, 700, 800, 900 grams a week so I could see what would happen... When I first started WW I did this every week and calculated when I would get somewhere and it worked until I stopped doing it so maybe it focusses me on the job at hand. So....
  • If I lose 600 grams a week I will be at 99 kilos by 9 October 2007
  • If I lose 700 grams a week I will be at 99 kilos by 4 September 2007 (a couple of days before my birthday)
  • If I lose 800 grams a week I will be at 99 kilos by 7 August 2007
  • If I lose 900 grams a week I will be at 99 kilos by 17 July 2007
  • If I lose a kilo a week I will be at 99 kilos by 26 June 2007

(Now the last two for me is unrealistic but I think the 600 grams to 800 grams could be realistic for me, and I think I am aiming for around the 700 grams a week to get to 99 kilos by my birthday).

So we shall see what happens with the weigh in tonight... for tomorrow we target getting to the 99 kilos he he he

Food today so far
Breakfast: 3 Weetbix, Milk, banana
Snacks: 10 Rice Crackers, 1 peach
Lunch: Roast beef salad sandwich
Dinner: Spare Ribs, mashed potatoe, peas, carrots
Water: 750mls x1
Exercise: Went for walk to get milk at the supermarket (even though day off exercise he he he)

UPDATE:
I lost 800 grams... so I am well on my way to get to the 99 kilos... I am happy with the loss.
So if I can be consistant with the 800 grams then I could be down to 99 kilos by August so I would be more than happy with that. I have to be consistant because I can do this.
Debbie lost 2.5 kilos OMG I wish!! I am soooo happy for her as she must have worked her butt off to lose that amount in a week.

But I had decided before I went there I wasn't going to say what my weight loss was anymore because in my mind I make it a competition. She wasn't happy about it at all but I wasn't doing it to make her mad I was doing it to stop me having a competition with her as I didn't want to ruin the friendship... but she managed to tell me her weight loss anyway so I would know which kind of pissed me off as I want to enjoy the going together and helping each other without it meaning that either of us felt bad.

I know that you all probably don't understand why I am so upset about it but it is because I want to do so well and I don't want it to be about anyone else but me but with my competitive streak.... I hate not losing as much and I don't want to feel that! I want to happy going and doing the exercise with Debbie and going out shopping and working with each other and feeling like we are both doing it for ourselves. Not a competition with numbers as it does my head it..

So another 800 next week and I am well on my way. 2.8 kilos to go till I reach the teens woohoooo,

Love ya
Chubbymum

Comments

Rachel's World wrote:
Jan 16, 2007 at 12:03 PM
I reckon keeping a running total of where you will be if you lose 'this or that' each week is a fantastic idea. I also do it and find that it just gives me that extra little incentive each week. I have given myself a total of 400 - 600 per week which I hope isn't too unrealistic.
I have weigh in tonight too, can't wait to see how we both go.
Don't worry about feeling guilty because you get a bit upset when someone else is doing better (or losing more) as it is NORMAL. They just have a different body makeup which really sux for us but whaddya do?

Celtic Girl wrote:
Jan 16, 2007 at 3:14 PM
HUGS,HUGS HUGS.. Yes we ALL get disappointed an think we can do better at the weigh ins. Try not to compare yourself with Debbie, everybody is different, for all you know she could be eating lettuce leaves all the time!! lol. Focus on where you have come from and where you are now - A MARVELOUS ACHIEVMENT.

Chris H wrote:
Jan 16, 2007 at 6:29 PM
My only suggestion is to drop some carbs, if you are having 5 servings a day, go to only 3. I still think you are plateauing, and need to change a few more things around, then the weight might move. Good on you for not having unrealistic goals too, it is self defeating to have unrealistic expectations, cos they backfire on us.

Sue wrote:
Jan 17, 2007 at 8:16 AM
800 - way to go.

You asked about turkey. I buy the frozen Tegel roasts (not the stuffed ones!). These are boneless and in a roll, so once you cook it it's easy to use. One of them does about five or six lunches (depending on whether or not I'm making Mark's lunch as well - I give him more meat than I have).

Feather wrote:
Jan 17, 2007 at 2:22 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this! I think we all feel like this at one time or another. It's so frustrating to work so hard and see someone else do it faster. I know it's hard to think of it like this but just remember that you have changed your life, you are fit and meeting goals. I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!! it's such a hard thing to do, food is around all the time, it's not like smoking you can quit and limit interaction with smokers or you quit drinking and stop going to a bar or stop bying alcohol. But it is just as strong as an addiction, and you have to deal with it day in and day out.
Keep working, we will get there together!!

Tracy wrote:
Jan 26, 2007 at 4:16 PM
[this is good]
Hiya. Well done on the 800g loss!!! I know how you feel about others doing better, I guess it is the downside of having someone do it with you. My friend has done really well & is below goal but I get annoyed when we go to weigh in & she goes on about how bad she has been & is going to put on etc etc - lo & behold - Nope lost again & turns out all she did was have a glass of wine or a handful of chips. You are doing so well, look at how much you have lost so far!!
Have a great weekend.

No comments: