Thursday 28 December 2006

Black Water Rafting Arghhh - 28 Dec 2006

Dec 28, 2006 at 11:15 PM

Well I was talking to MIL and was really worried about saying yes but it is her 60th on Saturday and she is going Black Water Rafting down in the and said that if hubby and I wanted to go then she would pay. BIL and Annabelle are going (Annabelle said she is claustrophobic argghh) and I didn't answer her. The reason I didn't answer her was because I was internally thinking things like:

Would they have a wet suit that would fit me?
Would my ass fit in a Black Tyre tube?
Would I fit through the whole going in to the cave?
Would I freak and then my MIL think I was more of a stupid silly cow?
I don’t want to ruin her day!

I did have the guts to say to her later that night that I wanted to do it but I feared the wetsuit situation and she said that she went down to check out other people at Waitomo caves doing it one weekend and there were bigger people doing it and there didn’t seem to be a problem. I think she understood. Hubby told her I was afraid to ruin it for her and she said not to be silly she would like me to come. She is paying for anyone that wants to do it with her.

I must admit I haven’t slept much in the last couple of days thinking about it as it really scares me just like heights do and I have always thought too much I know.

Hubby said to me jokingly “you just want to add another notch to your belt this year and make it 8 things I have done this year..he he he” To be quite honest I am happy with 7 things achieved this year he he he.

So we told the MIL that we would have a BBQ back here for her afterwards as her place wouldn’t fit 10 or so people and she was sooo happy with that.

OMG am I doing the right thing? If you live in NZ have you done it? Would you do it? ARGGHHHHH.

CM


Comments

Lee wrote:
Dec 30, 2006 at 12:05 PM
It sounds like great fun...I also would be worried about the wet suit, maybe give them a call and ask a few questions then you can make up your mind:)

Kateypie wrote:
Dec 30, 2006 at 8:56 PM
I've done white water rafting, and while I'm not very adventurous etc, and didn't enjoy it HEAPS.. it was certainly an experience and I'm glad I did it. Why don't you ring the company and explain your concerns, and see what they say. If they are happy then I think you should go for it!

Celtic Girl wrote:
Dec 30, 2006 at 10:18 PM
Your an Amazon.Next you'll be bungy jumping over the Shotover.Go on and do it and make sure you post every detail. I am in awe of you !!!

No comments: