Thursday 29 March 2007

Weekend going's on

Feb 4, 2007 at 12:25 PM

Saturday and Sunday

Got up all energised this morning (Sunday).... I have been reading two books at the moment:
Awaken the Giant within by Anthony Robbins
and
Live the life you love and stop just getting by.. by Barbara Sher

What great authors they are. Barbara Sher made me realise with a couple of activities she made me do that I get all fired up with Revenge (there are other catagories like Shaming, scolding, lecturing, competition, fear, affirmations, pain driven, spirituality, guilt, praying, dares, positive thinking, getting lots of praise, help from buddies)... now I know that Revenge doesn't sound good but I get more focused on the job at hand if I want to tell or show someone that they are wrong and I just want to say nah nah nah nah nah see I can do it you silly person and I want to piss you off.

I did it in 2005 when I first started trying to lose weight and my friend Tania told me that I couldn't lose 20 kilos in a year and I went out to prove her wrong and I did it in 10 months. Revenge in the sense that I wanted to prove her wrong and to show her I could do just as well as she had.

Excerpt from Barbara's Book: "A cousin of competition, and a funny one at that, is "Revenge" A friend of mine described it this way "All I have to do to succeed at something is imagine how happy my enemies would be if I failed. That makes me nuts, I can't stand it! And then I think of how they'd hate it if I succeeded and I just smile inside and get going!"

Well I am out to prove to Kris that just because our friendship has ended.. that I am not going to let her get the better of me that my life still goes on and even though she tried to sabotage my trainer I wasn't going to let her sabotage my life anymore. I was going to do this despite her!!

I made sure that I went to the gym today and get on with my training FOR ME. I am not going to stop going on Sunday's because of her anymore, and she was there today. I am not going to go to Lean for a little while longer as I still have that anger and I don't want it to effect other people in my Lean group as that isn't fair, but I am going back to Lean and I will be fired up.

So I went today (Sunday) with hubby and OMG it fired me up that she was there (I wasn't sure if she was going to be there or not) but I went on the rower and did 1500 metres in 8 minutes OMG OMG OMG it used to take me 11 minutes to do that so I was on fire. I ran on the treadmill too (as Kris has never seen me do that either). I know that it sounds bitchy but I think I have found the key to getting to motivating me to stop just aiming at what I have always done and to up the anty a little.

In Today's routine
  1. 1500 mtrs on Rower
  2. Water bike for the arms (10 minutes)
  3. Treadmill and walked/ran for 10 minutes
  4. Weights for those bingo wings of mine
  5. Kickboxing with hubby with arms and legs
  6. Crunches 20 x 3
  7. Side Crunches 20 x 3

Was really happy with the achievement at the gym today I up'd my anti and it made me feel good that I got up and didn't just stay in bed and veg.


We went outside after lunch today to get all the dead leaves etc out of our garden until it started raining.. Can you believe it is Summer as sometimes I feel like we are in spring etc with the changes in weather like this.

We made corn frittas for lunch and they were so so so yummy. It was nice for a change as sometimes lunches can get so boring when you have the same thing all the time.

The boys are watching Scooby Doo at the moment because the weather is so bad outside.. they did go on their bikes for most of the morning but now they are just veging.... which is fine by me as long as they aren't inside all day... it is a pet peeve of mine.

Anyway going to go back to reading my books woohooo.
Love ya all
Chubbymum

P.S I am feeling a little upset about tomorrow being my first day with the new bosses.... scares me a little really. I don't want things to change but fear that it is going to happen and I have no choice. My tummy has got bloody birds (not butterflies) moving around in there ho hum.


Comments

fortysumthing wrote:
Feb 4, 2007 at 3:10 PM
Well done. And I say whatever gets you motivated. Enjoy the rest of the day.
PS: The secret is out.

Chris H wrote:
Feb 4, 2007 at 4:37 PM
Ya for upping the anti, that is exactly what I did last week and it works, so good for you. I hope you have a fantastic week, I'm going to!

M wrote:
Feb 5, 2007 at 1:04 AM
Unleash The Power Within is also such a powerful book. And by the sounds of things you are starting to look inwards and doing things FOR you instead of AGAINST someone else. It's a good thing :)
Have a great week and keep up that excellent training.

Lee wrote:
Feb 5, 2007 at 11:07 AM
Those books sound great!!!!
Good luck with work...you will do fine

No comments: