Monday 5 March 2007

Quite depressed today

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:46 AM

Depressed today... I was yesterday too.

Missing being on blogger some days because I really love meeting new people but then I don't want some to be able to contact me either... caught in a nasty circle there... can't win aye.
Not liking my job!!!! Hating the fact that I am going to have to wear a uniform soon with this new bloody company. I hate uniforms as they are never comfortable and they don't show your personality and it feels like a meat factory. I sit in an office by myself anyway and don't usually see many parents so what is the bloody point.

Skirt and a shirt... blue and white OMG how boring is that and they look so starchy and OMG I am going to hate it. I DONT wear buttons!!! I hate shirts with buttons!!! and now I am going to have to wear this and feel even more depressed... I would rather wear what the girls wear looking after the kids than wear a fucken suit!!! I know bitching and moaning isn't going to help but it just FUCKS ME OFF that people take away individuality and think that everyone should be wearing the same fucken thing OMG it rubs me the wrong way.

Why am I not happy?

I don't know myself?

Missing my life from last year where I could write on my blog and meet people!! Missing the freedom... missing the comments

BYE

Comments

Tracy wrote:
Mar 5, 2007 at 2:10 PM
Hey Mandy. Sounds like things are gettiong on top of you. Why don;t you keep 2 blogs, this one private where only invited people can read & another more generic one in Blogger to keep on meeting new people etc.

As for the uniform, yup they suck BUT you can always ACCESSORIZE - show your personality with jewellery & painted nails etc

Hope today sees you feeling better :-)

Chris H wrote:
Mar 5, 2007 at 2:16 PM
Ok, from now on, I'm gunna leave 20 comments a day, how's that? Bugger on the uniform, I friggin well hate em too.... buttons... oh my god I hate them too.... they usually gap in all the wrong places, and cos you feel uncomfortable and self conscience in them, they are even worse to wear! Can't you make up some sort of excuse why you have to wear a t-shirty type of top instead? It could be in white, just not with buttons???? Point out to the bosses that you are not in contact with the clients, so why does it matter so much? Hey, you could be allergic to that particular material ! I bet it's polyester, it is awful, doesn't breathe and is sticky to wear.

Chris H wrote:
Mar 5, 2007 at 2:17 PM
I am so sorry to hear you are feeling depressed, I wish I was up there to drag you out for a girly afternoon tea and yak.

Chris H wrote:
Mar 5, 2007 at 2:19 PM
So, you are a private blog now cos of how many people? Can't you go public again, and keep other "comments" that you need to get off your chest for your "private" blog? It's just a thought.

Chris H wrote:
Mar 5, 2007 at 2:19 PM
Are you feeling better yet? Want more comments?

Chris H wrote:
Mar 5, 2007 at 2:21 PM
By the way, you are a girl, and we have days when NOTHING IS RIGHT! It comes with the territory, hormones and all that. You are bound to feel better in a day or two, chin up. lol

Chris H wrote:
Mar 5, 2007 at 2:22 PM
I'm trying hard to think of what to say next..... just you wait till we come up to Hamilton next..... we are going to get together and have a laugh!

Anne wrote:
Mar 5, 2007 at 6:13 PM
I wonder what would happen if you started a blog again. Surely Kris woldn't have the nerve to do what she did before.
You sound quite down. Hang in there witht he job but maybe start looking. I hate uniforms too and had to wear oen in my last job, being bigger I didn't get the options the others did and just hated it!

Our journey wrote:
Mar 5, 2007 at 9:31 PM
Hun - super big hugs to you! And I do hope you are feeling better by now... I must admit that I do read all of your posts but am guilty of not commenting frequently! Am always here for you hun... take careLove ya lots xx

Lynise wrote:
Mar 5, 2007 at 9:52 PM
oh Mandy, so sorry to hear that your not feeling too great at the moment. Chris might not be close enough to take you out for a laugh and a chat, but I certainly am. (if you feel like company I'm only a short drive away. Now that the new motorway is done through Mercer it only takes me 50 mins to get down to Hamilton. Have car, will travel :-)
Lynise

Lynise wrote:
Mar 5, 2007 at 9:55 PM
PS: I would be feeling the same about the whole uniform issue. I would absolutely hate it. I have only had to wear one in one job and don't think I would handle it well again at all. Lynise

janene wrote:
Mar 6, 2007 at 9:37 AM
Hey Mandy, sorry to hear that you are feeling so down at the moment. And sorry that I'm so slack with my comments!
Maybe since you and Kris have called a truce of sorts you could think about going back to blogger. I don't think you should let her behaviour prevent you from doing things that you want to...
Just my 2 cents...

And BLEGH to the uniform. Tell them to go shove it. Does your friend need someone to help in her shop?? I'm sure you could find another job quite easily, it certainly sounds like you've got a lot of valuable experience that any employer would leap at the chance to have onboard.
Anyway, sending you big hugs today.

No comments: