Monday 22 May 2006

Spicey Apple Cake

Stayed home from work today... I was still feeling so bad so I phoned in and said I wouldn't be in. Hubby was on jury duty so he managed to take Corbin to school and I slept until 2.30pm. I was soo not feeling well. I was looking forward to my one on one with my trainer tonight too but had to cancel that as well.

Got a phone call at 5.30 from Corbin's school friends mum asking if he wanted to join keas (scouts) and so we bundled up and went down to enrol him. When we got there they said it would be about 4 to 6 weeks waiting list because they didn't have enough leaders and were training them up now.... so Corbin was ok about that but he had so much fun with the boys tonight and we will take him back. I wasn't feeling good but couldn't not have this opportunity slip through our fingers.

So with not feeling well I wanted something sweet OMG OMG I just couldn't get my mind off it so hubby and I made a Spicey Apple Cake as it is a really easy cake to make and it is about 3 points for a piece of the cake... thought I would put the recipe up here.

Spicey Apple Cake

Peel and Cube 2 Large Apples
Add 1 cup of sugar and stand for 2-3 minutes
Add 125grams Melted Butter and an egg

Add Dry ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Mixed Spice

Throw in a handful of sultanas
Put in a 8" baking tin
Bake 40-50 minutes @ 180 degrees celsious
Sprinkle with Icing Sugar

Now that is the normal recipe above and we only put in a 1/2 cup of sugar in it... but this cake is DEVINE with a Captil DDDD.

So anyway just thought I would confess ;-)

The other thing is that my son has a blog and I thought since I know who is reading my blog now I would let you all see it... it is so cute that he wants to do a blog too and he is only 6 and he writes everything in it himself... even though he only just started yesterday... I have faith that he will keep it up he he he.. so if you wanna read please go HERE

Going to bed now..
Love ya all
Chubbymum

No comments: