Tuesday 13 February 2007

Sleep hmmmm

Feb 13, 2007 at 6:24 PM

Well today wasn't an exciting one at all.

I decided that I was worn down and that it was time to have a sick day. I haven't been feeling happy with myself in the last week feeling quite run down and not sleeping etc so today was my day to call work and have the day at home in bed... and that is what I did! I got up at 8am got the boys ready and took them to school and then came home and went to bed till 2pm OMG if anyone knew me that was reading this... I DO NOT sleep longer than 8am ever EVER and to sleep till 2pm I needed it. I have been feeling listless and not been going to sleep till 11.30, 12.00pm every night as I just can't sleep.

I don't have many sick days and in the last year I have had 2 days sick so I don't feel bad about taking the day off at all.... but sometimes feel like I am playing hooky or something he he he.
Then at 3pm I picked up the boys and on the way home took them to the playground for 1/2 and hour to wear them out for the night as with the heat they haven't been going to bed early enough either.

I am still in two minds about what I want to do with my life at the moment. I know that what will happen will happen but I hate not knowing what it is I want to do.... I like having a plan and being a Virgo I am all about lists and plans etc.

As you know I have been wanting to do the Life Coach course but I have left two messages and haven't had a reply so it makes me wonder whether they are too busy or really if I spend $6,000 that I will get my money's worth out of it so I am hesitant to put my application in yet ya know. But it is something I want to do and I can't find another place in New Zealand that is NZQA qualified that I can do at home in my own time instead of going to a class.... so if anyone knows of a course out there pleaseeeeeee tell me.

I got a phone call from a Dance company today as they kept my phone number from last year and they are starting classes tomorrow and wanted to know if I wanted to register... now I do but then I also want to go to the gym with my husband as I enjoy the time together as we don't get much time... so have decided not to go to tap dancing and to keep up with the gym with hubby.

Hubby and I enrolled in a Life coach night course where a Life Coach helps you decide what you want to do with your life... we thought it would be a good opportunity to spend some time with each other and to also find out if she could help us decide on what we could do with out life in relation to personal, financial, work, etc... so we shall see I suppose... then maybe I will put my application in hmmmm sigh...

I think that this course will help me to guide myself to where I want to be. I would love to open a craft shop down the road as there is an empty shop (new too) but then I don't know all that needs to know about classes etc or about other things like how to start a business etc and will it make enough money.

I wish that I had someone that would go into the business with me that I get along with and that knows what they are doing. I want to do something that makes me happy and something that I can go and get my boys from school and have time to do things that I enjoy ya know.... why is it so hard for me? I enjoy the craft side of my life... I enjoy learning new things... I enjoy going and picking up my boys and having my two days off to go for coffee with other mums... am I liking the lazy things I sometimes wonder or am I liking the freedom.

The only problem with not working is not getting the money and being tight with money.. and to be frank if I could do without the weekly wage I would ya know... but I also like being able to buy things and pay for a Personal trainer and getting my nails done now and then and buying some craft stuff too.

I sit back and think..... am I doing this dreaming of having a craft shop because my friend has opened her shop or would I really like to do it?... my friend said to me that if it is something I want to do then I have to bite the bullet and do it... she is a forth right person and has no troubles being backward and coming forward (if that is the saying) but with owning a business you have to spend more time at the business and sometimes less time at home with the kids... do I want to do that and miss out or do I want to do the business and be able to afford to have holidays with the kids etc instead of living from week to week with money?

I don't know where to start... maybe I should do a small business management course and see where that takes me? Hubby seems to think that would be a good idea at least with a small business management course I could see if owning a business is something that I want to do...hmmmm.... why am I so indecisive????

I just don't know guys!!!
Love CM

Comments

Chris H wrote:
Feb 13, 2007 at 7:20 PM
All I can say is : " If in doubt, don't", wait until you are absolutely sure of what you want to do before taking anything on. A small business course sounds like a good idea. A shop sounds "fun", but there is soooo much more work involved than you would ever believe, and your priority is your children and family first.... at least, that's the impression you give me. I hope your wee sleep peps you up! Can't imagine sleeping that long !

Tracy wrote:
Feb 14, 2007 at 5:25 PM
Hi I agree with Chris, owning your own business always sounds great but the work involved is HUGE, you may be able to afford the holidays etc with the kids - just never be able to afford the time to take them. I agree the Small Business Management or some such course is a great idea, it will give you an insight into what is involved in running a business, plus teach you heaps as well. Eventually if you do end up doing the life coaching - you could set up your own business doing that if it is what you want to do.
You talk about going into business with someone else, this is also fraught with danger, again, a good small business course could help you see what the possible problems are & how to avoid them.

I know what ever you do decide, you will give it your all & will do great:-)

Rachel's World wrote:
Feb 15, 2007 at 11:33 AM
Hope your feeling better today missy, you must have needed that sleep to re-energise.
I agree that you should do a small management course first before even thinking of getting into your own business. Heaps of work and money (start up costs) and with the boys so young is it something you have to do now?

No comments: