Wednesday 30 January 2008

Camping and thoughts.

Home from camping holiday.


Feeling better after talking to Lyn (thank you). We laughed and played triominos and drank and ate and had fun. It was a good night... (LYN - Am I bovvered? does it look like I am bovvered he he he).


Camping was fun we went on Saturday and came back today but by yesterday afternoon THAT WAS IT I had had enough and wanted to be home. I had fun but had enough of the sun and had enough of the small bed and just plain had enough.


I have an amazing tan he he he and even my mum noticed when I got back and said so (OMG a miracle).


I weighed this afternoon and it was good (for being on holiday and not tracking) but I am going to wait till tomorrow morning because I weigh in the morning and I am not going to change that.


I have decided this year I am concentrating on me and not going to worry about what everyone else is doing. I am going to do things for me and my family.


I am going to book my mother and I on a croquet course for 6 weeks. We brought her a croquet set for Xmas and we don't know how to play it properly and she has wanted one for like OMG since I was a kid and never got one. So I saw it in the continuing education paper and it is on Thursday's from 9.30 to 11.00am and so I am going to drop off the kids and we are going to do this together. I think that if she can get out and meet other people then she might make some friends other than bingo friends and might meet some people her own age. She finds it hard and stays home a lot so this way I can try and get her out so that I can have a life too.


I have also wanted to learn how to play the game too and spend some time with mum other than shopping (which btw I REALLY HATE (not like you aye Chrish he he).)


Jeremy is looking at finding a night course for us to do as a couple and then the kids have their soccer, scouts, and Corbin is learning the saxaphone so this year is going to be full on.


I am going to concentrate on the weight loss but I need to also have a life that I am happy with and last year was a nightmare.


When I get down to 99.9 kilos Jeremy and I are going to go on a Kayaking course.


I want to do more of that sort of thing with the family and bike riding and maybe some tramping ?? not sure but might be interested in tramping?


Had a text from a work colleague yesterday about things happening at work and it made me paronoid (and really it shouldn't) it is just everytime I go on a fkn holiday something happens with my job in the last 3 years. First the owners of my creche sold to a big corporation (australian) and then the next year that corporation sold it to another bloody australian corporation and now they have some changes but it doesn't mean that I will lose my job and if I do well... will just have to find another one... simple as that. If I don't have a job we could lose our house etc but I can temp... and there are options and I have to keep on reminding myself of that.


Mind you my job is sending us up for a course in Akl (on my fkn annual leave I might add) for 2 nights and 2 days and they are paying so I would say that they wouldn't be doing that if they wanted to get rid of us wouldn't you say so? (I am a born worrier as most of you know but hubby keeps telling to stop).


I have done lots of swimming, reading, boogie boarding, walking, cleaning he he he, cooking and basically enjoying the holiday. Quinn's girlfriends mum texted us on Sunday and asked if we minded some visitors on Sunday and I said No and we had a great time. We took them to the bath tub races at Bowentown. Man I thought they would be amateaur things but there were motorised ones and some of them didn't even look like bath tubs and one group had team shirts etc matching the boat OMG it was sooo cool. But really hot to watch.


We took our blow up boat (with oars) he he and the kids had fun with that at Anzac bay and we swam out with them and it was nice.


I have one more week till I have to be back at the work place ho hum and not wanting to as I am enjoying the time away in the sun.


Anyway tired and thinking about going to bed early tonight.


CM


10926

4 comments:

Chris H said...

I think it's good that you have plans in place for youself, over and above losing weight. Maybe that is what I need to be doing too, but it is kinda hard making plans when your life is in LIMBO while waiting to move eh? later chick.

Lyn said...

Was so cool catching up again. I really enjoyed that evening. Haven't laughed so much in a very long time!! I'm not bovvered about that though :)

I heard you txt tonight, sorry I was out at ambo training. Will call you when I have some time ... hmmm, not sure when I won't be working yet, I'll let you know! lol

Youre blog is sounding very positive tonight, nice to hear! And yes I do think you worry too much! heheh. But that's what greens do and that's why they are married to blues ;)

Anne said...

How great that you and Lyn could catch up and have a fun night.

Good to start the new year with lots of plans, really do hope you have a good year ahead.

With your job - I'm exactly like you and worry too - half the time I don't need to but I just do!

Lee-Anne said...

I've had work worries or should I say enough of work. Everything always works out one way or another. remember that. Because you still have another week left. Don't worry about something that may or may not happen. It's wasted energy.

Sounds like getting away was just what you needed. Glad you're back fighting fit.