Sunday 15 April 2018

Snackies & Representing NZ

Hey bloggers

This was my dinner last night.  It is hard to do dinner (well a neck chop casserole) without carbs.  It soaks up the juice etc.  It was still good with Cauliflour, Carrots, Broccoli and tomato.  It was really filling


Couldn't sleep this morning as I had so many things going around in my head.  I needed to get to work to get ready for Monday morning as I am travelling for work and wanted to make sure I did all my printing.  I love my job but the travel does do my head in. I have a 5 hour drive on Monday and then come back Thursday.  

I think the problem I have is when I don't prepare so I get the quick and easy.  

Picture below are my snacks for the first couple of days so that I am prepared. 
Carrots, tomatoes, chicken strips, cauliflower, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.  Hummus is in the fridge.


Great breakfast of one slice of sour dough bread, 2 eggs, 2 chicken strips.  Kept me full for longer

Went in to work to sort things out and put in my car for the workshop and then hubby and I went for a 5.5 km bike ride and it took us 20 minutes.  I was so proud of myself.  I know that others would do this faster but for me it was hard with my bad knees and it being windy (almost rained but it didn't today).

Took Corbin, Quinn, Mum and Jeremy out for lunch today and I wanted the fish n chips so much but decided to go for the seafood chowder which was warming and filling.  I know it was a wonderful choice but better than the rest of the choices of pizza and things slathering in mayonnaise or chips or cooked in oil

Went to KMart and got some prizes for my workshop and brought some clothes and shoes for the boys as they like some things while out shopping. 

Corbin gone out to play snooker with friends and so happy that he isn't the shy introverted guy anymore and it getting out with new friends since he has been studying Electrical Engineering

Quinn has gone out to Inline Hockey practice (there 6 days a bloody week lol)

OMG I am so proud of Quinn he got chosen back in February for the New Zealand Training Squad and had to train to see who was chosen to go to California to represent New Zealand in Inline Hockey as a Inline Fern and last week he got notice that he has been chosen for the travelling team.  

He is stoked but still hasn't made up his mind if he is going.  He is tossing up about the money and that it is for 3 weeks and it is almost $5000 and he feels that he would rather have a car that will last him longer especially since we have only known since February and he hasn't had enough time to save before going in June.  I said to him it is up to him as I am not going to be the one that he blames later on if he doesn't take up this opportunity.  He is 16 years old and it has to be his decision.  I am so proud of him though.  

I have been so good in the last 3 days with tracking on WW online and at the start I was 145.7 kgs and today I am 143.9 OMG.  I think the problem with what I was doing before hand was because I was eating enough but making sure I was eating zero points to fill myself up.


2 comments:

Janine said...

Great to see you back blogging. I was updating here and on a FB page but then got very ill in October and just got home from a 3rd surgery yesterday. So yes I did lose another 10 from what I wanted in fact I lost 30 but I now am technically mal-nourished and am struggling to eat at all.

Jaxx said...

Hi ya, I have just started back blogging again as well. Started a new blog yesterday, I am doing lower carb still but keeping my fat count down so not doing kept or anything. basically I am avoiding sugar and wheat :)